Customer, Employee, and Partner Research

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Are you interested in understanding how employees, customers, business partners, or any group of individuals think? Over the past 10 years I've immersed myself in learning how to understand how others think - and I continue to be fascinated by the research process even today.

Before I got into customer research, I assumed I knew what customers wanted, when developing a new product. However, today I consider myself to be a lot more educated in determining needs, wants, and behaviors.

The most critical learning I had was understanding that nearly every group of individuals consists of subgroups or segments, whose needs, wants, and behaviors differ. By conducting research in understanding what segments you're dealing with, you're able to create products, services, messages, advertisements, etc that these groups can relate with.

So, while you read articles on this blog, you'll notice right away that writing may not be my forte, however research is, and I invite you to join this forum to exchange and improve our knowledge on learning what and how people think.

7 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Blogger Cougar Abogado said...

Why do you have a paid link to a post you wrote around three years ago?

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Research Writer said...

Many institutions limit access to their online information. Making this information available will be an asset to all.
Writing a Research Paper

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger specialhackerloulou said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 3:32 AM, Blogger Janak said...

Looking surveying instruments in locality? Janak India offer surveying and positioning equipments in Delhi, Noida. Book order forsurveying equipments at Janak India.

 
At 3:52 AM, Blogger Janak said...

Looking surveying instruments in locality? Janak India offer surveying and positioning equipments in Delhi, Noida. Book order for surveying equipments at Janak India.

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Paul Herr said...

Hi John,

So you are interested in how people think. Well, so am I. I wrote a book last year titled, "Primal Management: Unraveling the Secrets of Human Nature to Drive High Performance," that describes five workplace needs that all human beings share. When these needs are met, employees experience intrinsic pleasure from their work that contributes to their motivation, innovation and productivity.

I noticed that you reviewed survey software in one of your blogs. Would you like to review The Horsepower System, the motivation-management tool derived from my book? There is nothing like it on the market. It monitors whether employees are functioning optimally, or malfunctioning, based on a monthly intrinsic-reward survey. It the human engine is malfunctioning it provides leadership tips to fix the problem.

I could walk you through it in 30 minutes.

Warm Regards,

Paul Herr
Author of Primal Management and Inventor of The Horsepower System

 
At 1:11 AM, Blogger SurveyTool said...

These are fascinating and will be really helpful.

http://www.surveytool.com/web-survey/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home